padding-5;

Monday, February 23, 2009

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

Have you ever had one of those work weeks that ends a day late? My week just ended at 11:09 Monday morning. It was a busy one because my weekends are wide open doing what I do. Monday is our Sabbath, day of rest. It's on Monday I get to chill out.

There were some gigantic high points this weekend, The highest. This Scripture.

2 Kings 3:16-18, "This is what the Lord says: This dry valley will be filled with pools of water! You will see neither wind nor rain, says the Lord, but this valley will be filled with water. You will have plenty for yourselves and your cattle and other animals. But this is only a simple thing for the Lord."

It is only a simple things for the Lord to provide for you in this economy. Only a simple thing! I am releasing this scripture in my life right now. I can't wait for a bail out package to work, or a stimulus this or that. There are real people who need relief and "pools filled" right now. Thank God it is a simple thing for him.

This is what also happened:

  • On Friday the chassis and the engine for the race car were back in my shop ready to be assembled. Our team met on Saturday and work is in progress. Very cool!
  • On Sunday I spoke about finances. There was a lot of good feedback from people, especially about the tithe. Many were really set free by the fact the tithe is something initiated by us, not required by God. It existed before it was law, and it exists after the ascension of Jesus. The tithe is a heart thing baby! Initiate and set the tone for your finances today. The first 10% to God releases His provision and protection in your life. No doubt about it!
  • Seattle Seahawks season is just around the corner.
  • Speaking of sports, Griffey back in Seattle? Who would have thought. I am going to sell all my Griffey collectibles on Ebay while the getting is good!
  • Give to other Christians, Give to the Poor, Make educated offerings, Initiate the Tithe. Jesus said, "Give and you will receive." Turn your economy today by giving.
  • So I missed the C3 Conference this year. 5 straight years and then a glitch in the system. Honestly, it did not make financial sense to go to C3 this year.
  • On Saturday I had a shake up on our race team. These things are never easy, and I didn't sleep well on Saturday night because I never want a relationship to hurt. It's not position, power, finances or anything else that motivates me. When relationships hurt, I hurt. Anyone else like that?
  • Ok, so this weekend there were some great testimony's shared with me about how God is taking care of families financially in these times!
  • Ok, well, better step away from he keyboard. There is only 4 weeks until testing and I have a whole race car to assemble! Lots of work to do today and tonight!!!
  • I almost forgot...I was told about this on Saturday night...you internet junkies...click here. Although I thought "knightrous nation" was pretty funny.