padding-5;

Friday, February 20, 2009

SEVEN THINGS I HATE and a bonus

Some random thoughts, By Jeff Knight

7. I hate the enemy. Evil one. The Devil. Satan. Lucifer. I don't care what he's called, I hate him. I hate what he stands for in scripture, how he manifests in humanity, and how he deceives in the lives of people. I hate it that he seeks to steal, kill and destroy. I hate it that more and more people think he doesn't exist, and then they blame God, as if He's testing them, for things the enemy is totally responsible for.

What to do, what to do? Rather than sit there psychoanalyzing your theology on suffering, sacrifice and God's will why don't you pick up your armor from God and do some battling. We wrestle not against flesh and blood...

Now before you get to crazy and run out and get a tattoo like your grandpa who served 2 tours in the war don't misinterpret what I'm saying. Don't think for one second that the enemy should get any glory. And he does, when we gripe and moan about all that he is doing to us. He IS POWERLESS! He's a defeated foe, but you're going to have to start acting like it.

I really believe there is a time to reflect and consider if God is molding you like clay or like the book of Job, there are times like these and they should not be overlooked. But I think we go there too quickly instead of just getting out prayer, a group of warriors and our bible and start some heavy spiritual lifting. Don't think for one second that every struggle you are facing is some testing of the Lord, that's a lie. Certainly God will use every test to teach you, but everything good comes from God, nothing good comes from the enemy!!! I hate that joker.

BONUS. I hate Coffee, brussel sprouts, tuna casserole, onions, and I don't care what you say--sushi.