padding-5;

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

FOUR QUESTIONS YOU MUST CONSIDER

Question number 2, Romans 10:14-15.

2. And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him?

Do you assume that everyone has heard about Jesus in your sphere? If that is so, WHAT have they heard about him? A lot of people have a lot of misconceptions about Jesus. How can they believe if their misconceptions are standing between them and believing in him?

This ought to be the number one question we wrestle with every week, what are people hearing about in church?

  • This is why we don't announcement everything that is going on at The Rock Church, we are not here to promote our events or outreaches, our websites, blogs and bulletins do that. We are hear to talk about Jesus.
  • This is why we are not defined by one political persuasion, we are not here to promote political platforms. We are hear to talk about Jesus.
  • This is why we don't let people promote their Christian agendas in our Reach Teams. We are hear to talk about Jesus. We want to know that our leaders are talking about is Jesus, not some personal agenda.
  • This is why we don't let people hand out fliers in our foyer. We are hear to talk about Jesus, not your conference or your special meeting.
Seriously, what is the message churches are sending...I can think of a few I've heard over the years. Give me causes that identify with Christ. Give me messages that cause me to believe in him. Help me know him better. Help me get off my can and do something to make the world better. Help me lead my life better because I know Jesus better.

These are the questions we talk about at The Rock Church.