padding-5;

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TOP 10: COMMON COURTESY

Here is a quick list of common courtesy that is not so common any longer. Learn them yourself; teach them to your kids.

1) Go out of your way to speak to people.
2) Try to remember names. It proves you really value them.
3) Smile-it increases your face value.
4) Be friendly and helpful. When you do it will be returned to you.
5) Show genuine interest. There is something good in everyone.
6) Be generous with praise and cautious with criticism.
7) Be slow to judge. There are three sides to every story--your side, their side, and the correct side.
8) Instead of using others, serve them.
9) Start trusting people. It builds relationships that last.
10) Be humble.

Real life example: When I was young, every time someone we knew approached us, my mom and dad made me look the person in the eye and ask, "Hi, how are you today?" I can remember dealing with the nervousness I felt engaging people, but I am so glad mom and dad insisted on common courtesy.