padding-5;

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ALL TEAM MEETING

Tonight we had an All Team Meeting. This meeting combines the three teams I lean on in the leading of our church: Elders, Staffers, and Support Team. It is awesome to get together with this team. We pray, share wins, teach a spiritual truth, identify ministry moments, pray, share and then recap for action. Here are the ingredients for a great All Team Meeting at The Rock Church. I think these ingredients are necessary in every team meeting.

Laughter.
We have to laugh at stuff, at ourselves, at foolishness and at screw ups.

Prayer.
We spend a lot of time praying together. Prayer is the key ingredient to church success on any team.

Share the wins.
Usually leaders are constantly cluttered with what's not working. I spend a large portion of time asking, "Where is The Rock Church vision working?" It's amazing, because it works far more often then people think. Seriously, TRC's vision is working in hundreds of peoples lives daily.

Spiritual Truth.
I have to remind myself continuously that I get to do church full-time, but my teams are mostly volunteers. They come to a meeting on their time, willingly. Sometimes I want to take their relationships and commitment for granted by just hanging out together because I see the stuff everyday. Instead of that I must break the mold and bring something that invests in their life. All Team Meetings are about being together, but more importantly growing together.

Did I mention laughter? oh, yes I did. We laugh at each other, situations, ourselves...

Identify the Ministry Opportunities.
These teams of people are in the trenches of The Rock Church. We take a time where I listen to what they are dealing with. Often I can identify some pressing needs in the entire church by listening for common themes from each of my leaders.

Do something.
There is nothing worse than meeting with no end-game. We recap each time and move forward with specific assignments and alignments. We may need to integrate a new protocol or focus on a specific area of ministry. No matter what, we always leave with a charge.

Did I mention laugh? Good, now you get it. A team that laughs is a happy team.