padding-5;

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SEVEN THINGS I HATE

Just some random thoughts, by Jeff Knight

3. I hate prayerlessness. Really, I hate when people, myself included don't pray. I think a lot of Christians talk a big talk when it comes to prayer, but in reality their prayer life is little more than a quick fix to get them through a sticky situation. Imagine if we came together as a church and simply prayed asking God to usher His Word into our life, to heal the broken and promote His goodness in the earth.

Imagine if, instead of gatherings for good messages, we just gathered for good prayer. Really, stop right now. By the end of today hundreds of people will have prayed because of this post. Stop, NOW. Pray for someone! Let's have a blog prayer meeting.


4. I hate not knowing what to do. I hate it when I don't know what to do, or say, or pray, or whatever. Really, there is nothing more frustrating than being confronted with a situation and all I hear is crickets in the solution side of my brain. Or when, in the moment, I know a perfect scripture, but I can't remember where it is, or even how to say it all.

At that moment is when I call upon the Holy Spirit. I don't understand sickness, but I pray for HEALING! I don't understand the emotional trauma people experience, but I go to them to say I LOVE YOU. I can't pretend to be in everyone else's shoes, but I will walk a mile to lend a hand. God grant us the wisdom to not stay dormant when there is certainly something we can do.

May God bring to your remembrance the times you prayed for sickness, and healing manifest. May you never forget the day when you needed comfort and a friend showed up at just the right time. Or the season where you felt all alone, but discovered Jesus was there all along. There is plenty I can do even when I don't know what to do.