padding-5;

Monday, December 29, 2008

PERSPECTIVE EXERCISE

Want to reflect on your 2008, find out the good, the bad, the areas to celebrate and improve?

Here is a little secret my Life Coach taught me. I want to share with you 8 statements that can help you reflect and gain vital perspective. Reflections can be a positive way to put circumstances, good and bad, into empowering opportunities. I do this exercise often as I go through the peaks and valleys of church leadership, personal growth, fatherhood, being a husband, race car driver and etc. I think these statements, if you'll sit down and put in the time, will help you realize you are well on your way to the life God wants for you.

Finish the sentences...

  1. "I'm afraid that..."
  2. "It makes me angry that..."
  3. "I'm ashamed that..."
  4. "I feel guilty that..."
  5. "It makes me happy that..."
  6. "I'm grateful that..."
  7. "I'm secure in..."
  8. "I'm proud of..."
Here is an example of me doing this exercise during a very difficult time. Your circumstance need not be difficult, I've used this exercise to process high points also. Take the time to reflect on your 2008, Christmas, or even your weekend. Try to be succinct and brief in your statements; it will help you gain perspective to go forward.