padding-5;

Saturday, December 27, 2008

CHRISTMAS REFLECTIONS

It's Saturday the 27th and I'm getting ready for an awesome Sunday service tomorrow. I'm expecting big crowds as all the "cabin fever" wears off and people come to church, some for the first time in 2 weeks. Here are a few of my reflection from Christmas 2008...

Family.
My first Christmas as a dad. Fun. Fun. Fun. Seven would look at her gifts and go, "ooooo," & "ohhhh."

My 17th Christmas with my wife. Love that woman more than anything, including my daughter!

8 Christmas Holidays without my mom and dad. I miss them a lot at times, especially on their Anniversary, Christmas and Mother's Day. Yet, this year new traditions are beginning to emerge. Christmas is getting fun again. I welcome the change.

Church.
I have to say, I was blessed by how many showed up for the single Christmas Eve service. We had to make a call to only have one service due to weather. The reality was most churches canceled everything for Christmas Eve. The Rock Church was full. thank to the many people who shoveled snow, cleared sidewalks and parking lots, and made sure everything was set. There were too many hands in the air for salvation than we could count. It was a great night.

On the other hand, it's tough to make those weather related church calls. When we were driving to the service it was dumping snow and cars were wrecking. I'm glad we made the call to go for it.

Christmas Vacation.
I had one of those crazy experiences on Christmas Day. A pipe burst in our house at 12:30 AM, just as we were going to bed. I was up all night getting parts from the plumber, Rock of Ages, tools from my shop and fixing it. Went to bed at 5:30 AM! Never forget that night.

To stay awake I drank serious amounts of Red Bull and ate the Orange slice candy...I was on a huge caffeine and sugar high. That day it was all I could do to stay awake.

Random Stuff.

  • The kids were amazing during the Christmas Eve service.
  • Thanks to John Kinnsies and Randy Brien for there snow removal efforts. Huge help.
  • Thanks to Tim Gorman, Travis Warren, Rory Tonng, Tristan Berg and Lenny Lamb, who climbed on the roof of the church to shovel snow so the water could drain.
  • Thanks to Justin "my one and only steve" Crouch who has watched over our place to keep water drains open so the melting snow doesn't flood us out.
  • It was our first white Christmas in years! Thanks God...
  • I haven't heard the report from the Christmas offering, but I am hopeful that it's huge!
  • I fell on my butt two times unexpectedly on Christmas Eve.
  • I've got the best wife in the world.
  • Snowmobiling season is in full swing. Went out the other day and wrecked my sled, it's fixed though.
  • Let it snow many feet in the mountains.
  • It will be nice to get some Seattle weather back to normal, this town aint suited for Snow Storms.
  • Well, New Years Eve is around the corner. Have you been thinking about what gets better in 09? I have. More to come on that later.
Message.
Tomorrow's Message is calling...We are recapping some huge 2008 moments...and drawing on this scripture...