padding-5;

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

What a tremendous weekend at The Rock Church!

Mother's Day.
First off, I thought my wife did a absolute splendid job with the service. In fact, if you only heard first service you've got to hear second. She was off the chain. Seriously, it was by far the finest presentation of her life. She was relaxed, hilarious, having fun and when she sat at that piano, woah, it felt like God walked in the room. I am so proud of her!!!

The Giveaways.
A Mother's wish was very cool. It was great to honor so many wishes, big and small. Being able to giveaway 2 cars this year, are you kidding me! Seeing the faces of those mom's as their names were called was priceless. All the spa packages, flowers, dishwashers (which I thought odd because my mom always told my dad to never get her a housework item for mother's day, but it's cool for some), camping trips, cooking lessons, and etc were amazing. Huge thank you to everyone that donated this year!

The Stories.
I met so many great people on Sunday. Family and friends of TRC'ers. Wow, thank you for believing in your church and feeling comfortable to invite those closest to you. I know for you, having your loved one's know Christ is one of the most important priorities. For me, as your pastor, it is my most important priority.

Something I said on Sunday.
In each service on Sunday I talked about part of my job description as a pastor. I mentioned the vision aspect and how it relates to getting people with talent (all y'all) behind one vision. Here are 5 key components of my job description:

Prayer.
Daily, corporate, alone, with others, in circumstance, when asked, any place and any time without warning or preparation.

Ministry of the Word.
Daily, every Sunday, special times, demanding times, and any place and any time without warning or preparation.

Vision for TRC.
See above two. Hear God for it, live it, communicate it, put it in others, build teams around it, fix it when its broken, give it away, raise money for it, tend it, help it, love it.

Leadership.
Character, example, courage, rewarded, criticized, evaluate, confront, heal, listen.

Not be who everyone else thinks I should be.
Since everyone on the planet has an opinion of prayer, ministry of the word, vision and leadership I have to daily (prayer and through the word) keep what and how I've heard the Lord direct me very clear.

What do you do for a job? What are the key components?