padding-5;

Friday, November 9, 2007

AT THE OFFICE

An Update By Jeff Knight

We are doing well and "mending the nets" so to speak. Our hearts are soft and coming back together. I'm not really sure what this weekend holds as I step into the pulpit for the first time, but I am hesitant to prepare too much.

Since returning I've heard about how people have come together to pray for Melinda and I. I've heard about volunteers stepping up to entirely new levels of leadership and commitment. Several of the staff summarized it like this, "It's been the most amazing two weeks!" Tragedy bring out the things that matter most and it's good to know the local church matters so much to people. As Melinda and I are made whole don't go anywhere! It's time to stay banded together...
I walked into my office today to dozens of voice mails and hundreds of emails-literally! Weeding though it all I am so thankful many people sent their thoughts, condolences, encouraging scriptures and prophetic words. I printed most of them out for reference as our story continues to unfold.

There have also been some exciting developments I returned to.

* Frank Damazio, Pastor of City Bible Church in Portland, agreed to speak at Mitosis in February. With the likes of John Bevere last year and now Frank Damazio Mitosis is shaping up to be a premiere conference in the Northwest. Very cool.

* Our Regional Reach Teams are exploding in the North. Not only that, but other regions are growing rapidly. WOW! I am so excited people are believing the dream that is the local church!

* There was a retreat over the weekend with several of Monroe's area pastors. Pastor Rory and Dan were in attendance for The Rock Church. I've grown up in Monroe and this kind of gathering is ground breaking in this city.

Well, I have another post burning in me that I'm going to start working on...