padding-5;

Sunday, November 11, 2007

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

It's Sunday night and the Colts are getting pounded by the Chargers right now, so I'm sitting here watching this pulverizing of Peyton and thinking about the last week. I'll start with 2 Saturday nights ago...

Blue Man Group
Last Saturday night Melinda and I were driving home from Texas. We stopped in Las Vegas to do some retail therapy (shopping). At the last minute I said, "Let's go see The Blue Man Group." We got tickets. During the show they do this part where an audience member is handed Toblerone chocolate chunks and enticed to throw them about 30 feet into the mouth of one of the Blue Men. You guessed it, "I threw the Toblerone!" The Blue Man caught 2 out of three in his mouth from thirty feet! But then he spit them back into my bare hand. It was gross. An usher took them from me and gave me a moist towelette to clean off my hand. I had blue paint all over-cool! Not too mention I lost my Blackberry in the mayhem and a good Samaritan turned it into the gift shop.

Text Message
After service today I got a text from someone at church. It said, "Honest, perfect." I love it, God can use a difficult circumstance like the past two weeks to allow lives to be touched for the better.

Today's Message
We launched a new series today called Fearless. I'm excited about the series, but the message this morning was more about what Melinda and I have been through these last few weeks instead of the theme. I am continually convinced through every experience, "There is nothing too hard for the Lord."

Sunday
I met a wonderful couple after 2nd service. Jason and his wife Luc have a heart for Hispanic ministry. They are from Monroe, but have an outreach on the Eastside in Redmond. The Lord is steering them to reach their home city. I've been praying with our leadership team for nearly a year to launch a Hispanic Church within the church. I love it how God makes the connections and all we have to do is be willing. Never know what can become of a new relationship...

Touching Tomorrow Together
With 7 months to go until the purchase of our building T3 is a huge part of my prayers and thoughts. I KNOW God is our source for every dollar and I am CONFIDENT our church has the capacity to achieve this goal. When T3 is complete and we own our building we save $23,000 per month. A lot of powerful ministry can be added for $23k! I spend a lot of time meditating on where God would want us next...

Prayer
Right now we are praying about where to launch another TRC Campus.
We are praying on where to launch another GRID2911.
We are praying about a Hispanic Church within TRC.
We are praying for our business leaders to excel in this new economy.

OH MAN, I ADDED THIS LATE...
We prayed continuously for the father of one of our church member's this last year. He called today and asked his son to pick him up for church. He said, "I need to meet the church that prayed for me while I was in ICU for 118 days!" How cool is that! He's not stepped into a church in 50+ years...WOW next Sunday is going to be amazing!!!