padding-5;

Sunday, June 3, 2007

19 YEARS AGO JUNE 3RD

June 3, 1978 my destiny was changed. I was a 7 year old boy. Here is an excerpt from a project I have been working on...

On June 3, 1978 my spiritual formation in Christ began. My parent’s received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior on the same night in different places having never heard the gospel preached or the word born again. My father, facing 25 years of prison, was in a jail cell and prayed the prayer of salvation at 10:30 that night confessing, “Lord, I have made a mess of my life; if you will help me I will serve you.” My mother, home alone with me and 900 pennies in a jug to her name, at 11:45 pm, called upon the Lord and said, “If you are really real, I need you in my life right now.”

That is how this whole "God thing" began for the Knight's. Up until then I was destined for a completely different life--a hopeless eternity; frankly, a frustrated existence. It took a while to get mom and dad's attention, but God did and He saved my life.

I am so thankful for the One who saved me! Later that summer as my mom tucked me into bed I asked her, "Does Jesus live in my heart?" She coached, loved and prayed with me and that night Jesus came into my heart. Though I wouldn't understand the meaning of salvation for many years, I knew my future was guaranteed with Jesus Christ!

May you and I never forget from where we started...and parent's, you determine the course for your kids! Sure God could have reached me when I was older, but I would have had to unlearn so much. I am so thankful I was 7 when mom and dad made the decision to follow Jesus Christ!