padding-5;

Thursday, May 31, 2007

KNIGHTROUSVLOG

JAM was last night...WOW!

This video was shot after the event when the kids were heading outside to get blown off by leaf blowers...you can't imagine what it looked like while service was going unless you were there.



Balloons and packing peanuts wrecked the entire service from a teaching standpoint, BUT from a fun standpoint it was an A++++! Big thank you to all those who helped man the 14 vacuums required to clean it up.

To all the parent's, sorry about the Styrofoam in your house this morning.

Finally, here are a few thoughts I wrote to the team last night after the evening was over...

I know all of you could not be here tonight and I would like to tell you that you missed one of the most awesome nights we have ever had…

Todd and Staci did a super job with this service. Travis, myself and the team added some great elements this morning that proved to be unforgettable (the packing peanuts and balloons were a last minute addition)!

WHY was it so good? Because it was a disaster!!!! Yes, a total disaster!!! And I love it!!!! I love that this team will take risks to bring in packing peanuts and spread them out like snow taking 2 hours and 14 vacuums to clean up! I love it that we would pick a puppet guy and totally blow him off his routine to say some of the most interesting things I have heard in our church (good maneuvering Daniel)!!! Can you all believe this stuff! JAM was an utter mess and I love it! I love it that we can try things and fail big. I love it that we can step out by faith and totally trip over our own feet.

Thank you team. Thank you for trying what others would laugh at (JAM). Thank you Todd and Staci for having the vision for JAM!!! Thank you eldership for grinning and bearing it sometimes…thank you for making THE ROCK CHURCH the most surprising place in a kids life.

If only the eldership of my church growing up would have thought like this…if only I had pastors who would have sprayed TP all over me…if only….

Those kids will never forget the day when it snowed in the church!!!

I will never forget listening to Cheyenne lead us in worship! AMAZING!!!

I am laughing with all my heart because it is amazing to lead in a place where risk will happen, innovation will emerge and failure is accepted. SO GO AHEAD and dream, we can always clean it up!

Pastor Jeff