padding-5;

Sunday, June 3, 2007

SUNDAY NIGHT SUMMARIES

I've been signed off the blog for three or so days. It has just been a drink of water from a fire hose this weekend. Here are a few thoughts from the weekend that were very special to me.

* Thursday afternoon I had grown to a place of stirring. It was one of those "I need to spend some time in prayer with God." I sat down in one of my favorite chairs, prayed and left the room full. I love it that we can boldly approach the throne of grace!

* On two occasions this weekend I really saw GRID2911 working. When we built the youth facility at the church it was for students to have an atmosphere directly targeted at them. Both Friday and Saturday nights the GRID was filled with students spending time playing and hanging out--that is why so many people have given to Touching Tomorrow Together! Travis and the entire team are reaching many students through this powerful tool.

* Friday, Melinda hosted a music team BBQ. What a hilarious bunch of people. These people are some of the most dedicated to church. I value our music team so much. Today in church someone said, "I just love the worship here." He then wondered if it was ok to say that to me as I might be offended that he didn't say "the preaching." Believe me, it doesn't matter how good a preacher is, if the worship stinks, the preaching will not be much better! Our goal at TRC is to look at the entire service as one instead of the music, message and offering as all separate parts. SO when someone say, "I like this or that," we take it as they are saying they like all aspects of the worship experience and we understand they may have a favorite element.

* Saturday was a hot one at the track. I think the temps were in the 80's most of the day. Lots of H2O and Gatorade to quench the thirst! Roger ran 2nd in the main and I finished 10th. I stayed on the lead lap, so that was great. I also qualified at around 17.9 seconds which was good for 10th and the fasted of my 5 race career. BIG THANKS to our team...BIG THANKS to MTS Construction, Rock of Ages Plumbing, Aaron Anderson of Hometown Lending, and MOST IMPORTANTLY all the #70 and #76 race fans...

* Sunday we had great church. It was the third installment of the HOMESTRETCH SERIES. Go ahead and DREAM! With man it is impossible, but with GOD all things are possible!

* Today my long-time friend and the leader of "The DREAM that never ends," Pastor Saul dropped in on us today.

* Stopped by the new quarter midget track in Monroe. Well done, the parking lot was packed. We have some friends who's kids run and they were racing tough. I also saw Super Stock Drivers Darin Stordahl, Naima and Jill Lang, and John Zaretzke. We were able to talk about the race last night a little bit and it is just like racers who drive on Saturday to be watching their kids run on Sunday.

See ya in the blogosphere this week!!!