padding-5;

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Facing the Giants

Normally I wouldn't throw my thoughts around about a movie on the blog, yet this one took me by complete surprise. A few months ago I heard about this Christian based film and I went to the website. Last week I was in Target and saw it for sale, so I picked it up.

Facing the Giants is about a Christian High School football coaches revelation about honoring God. Without giving anything away I would say this is the best Christian film I have seen. For me, I usually view Christian films as nice attempts at trying to be relevant, but often I am letdown. This film is different. When I finished watching it, I found myself in tears. Some of my emotion was the result of relating to the story line, but mostly it was because I felt like this movie had a beautiful message and I sensed God in it. Though the movie solves every conflict and challenge, in unbelievable story book fantasy, I was not disappointed. The element of victory was inspirational and made me believe God is going to mightily use churches to communicate His vision.

I immediately wanted to get a copy for every High School administrator and teacher in our school district. I would never pretend that all of them would watch the film, but I think people who influence young people could gain great insights by what this film has to offer.

Check out the trailer on youtube.com by clicking here. I am certain you will like this movie, and I encourage everyone to buy a copy. We need to support grassroot efforts of this magnitude.