padding-5;

Sunday, February 18, 2007

A Normal Sunday!

Ever wondered what a Sunday looks like for Melinda and myself. Well here is my version...every week includes other elements, but this is the normal routine. Usually after two services, I am totally spent. I love our church and I am seriously addicted to what God is doing at TRC. Here is a Sunday:

  • Wake in the early AM, never the same time two weeks in a row.
  • Head for church at 7:45 am.
  • Print out weekly preparation.
  • Pre-service prayer at 8:30 am.
  • Make-up (the lights are bright), at 8:45 am.
  • Greet people before service.
  • 9:00 am service begins.
  • 10:15-10:30 service ends.
  • Review delivery with team, make changes, cuts, and additions.
  • 11:00am service 2 begins.
  • 12:15-12:30 service ends.
  • Greet as many people as I can.
  • Eat some lunch at 1:00 ish.
  • Drive home.
  • Change into my lounging clothes.
  • Perch myself on the couch.
  • Turn on TIVO.
  • Find the Nascar race or motocross racing.
  • Pay attention as long as I can.
  • Fall asleep.
  • Wake up and rewind TIVO.
  • Fall asleep again.
  • Wake up and try to understand where the race is at.
  • Fall asleep again.
  • End up wide awake for the last few laps.
  • Get up and look at my weekly schedule.
  • Send some email.
  • Check the blog for comments to moderate (new addition in 07).
  • Post on the Blog (also new).
  • Eat some more.
  • Plan my Monday!
Well, this is my Sunday routine. It works for me and gives me the strength to hit the ground running again for this new week. Don't think I am strange for wearing make-up. It is only for a few hours a week!