padding-5;

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Week 12~4th

I write this a little late this week. Saturday's race was number 12 of the 18 race weekends this year. We practiced really well. I had joked with the team that in the race I would drive around the outside, go to the front and win by a straight away.

Heat Race.
Started 4th. The battle up front was pretty intense so I held back intentionally because I didn't see any point in wrecking anything. Finished 4th.

Main.
In the main I started outside Natalie on the front row. I got a good jump and took the lead lap one. Then I drove away just like my plan, for 38 laps.

Dan Moore got into Natalie and Natalie went around, bringing out the caution. The green-white-checkered finish should have enabled me to close the deal, but it would not be. Naima and I had contact and I went around, finishing 4th.

My car is super good for this weekend, and I am pumped to get back at it.