padding-5;

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WHAT AM I READING RIGHT NOW?











Killing Cockroaches is on our Support Team reading list right now. Tony Morgan is a personal friend and has a lot of great stuff to say about practical elements of accomplishing the mission of the church.

A Short History of Christianity is a fantastic read, exhaustive, but not too much. Knowing where we come from as Christians answers so many questions, and reinforces the fact God does amazing stuff with fallible people.

You may think I'm off a bit with this recommendation, but you'd like this book. Christianity for Dummies is a great resource book. Months ago I picked up the Bible for Dummies because I was trying to say something complicated with clarity and precision, and usually the "books for dummies" have a knack for boiling it down to the essentials. Christianity for Dummies is the same way, it boils it down to the essentials, I'd recommend it to any person as a resource, not because they are dummies. I actually think it would make a good discipleship class for new believers.

Axiom is a leaders leader book. I love the short bursts each chapter provides. Makes for great reading in the summer.