padding-5;

Monday, June 15, 2009

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

  • I am really fired up about our summer outreach called QUENCH! This week we pick up 10,000 bottles of water to give H20000000yeah to a thirsty person this summer. I am believing for people to have great ideas, concepts and stories about giving water away.
  • I am really godly proud of our teams at the church right now. Last week Melinda met with a gal who was brand new to the church. She said the rap song so ministered to where she was at in her life. Melinda was able to pray with her and something broke off of her. The floodgates opened and she received some serious healing. Very cool.
  • My daughter is getting so fun. We laugh for hours. I think for every time I say no to her I want to say yes to her a thousand times. She is getting so big, walking all over the place, it's too much fun!!!
  • I had a weekend off from racing this past weekend, so Melinda and I spent a day on the lake. That was very cool. Seven was unsure of being in a boat, so we had to hold her for the first hour, but then she understood how fun it was. All she wanted to do was get in the water after that. Jenny and Ryan grabbed some KFC and met us on the water for dinner. When I was a kid my mom and dad would do that with Melinda, myself and Jenny. It was a fun memory.
  • I started running again her recently. I got a new friend that does marathons and runs a ton. I don't know if I could ever do a marathon, but I'm inspired to dust off the shoes and get after it again. I ran quite a bit last summer, and did a 4 mile event on Labor Day. They say that before you train for a marathon you should run at least 3-4 miles 3-4 times per week for 1 whole year and after that you can train for the marathon.
  • Looking forward to the Father's Day Car and Bike show at The Rock this weekend. Very excited to see the entry's this year. $1,000 for best in show. That's a pretty good prize!!!
  • I really appreciated Francis Chan message today, God is Strength. It really hit the sweet spot.
  • Anyway, it was a great weekend!!!