padding-5;

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

WEEK 8-3rd

Week 8 was on the 3/8's track at Evergreen Speedway. The forecast threatened for rain, but the rain held off. I was excited about weekend.

I qualified 2nd and started the heat outside front row. I struggled on the first lap getting a good start, but by lap one I had a 2 wide battle that lasted the entire heat race. I was on the outside of the 34 for 8 straight laps, much needed for me. I learned a ton running the second groove. I finished the heat 3rd.

The main I started last row outside. The car was strong early, Naima and I got to 1st and 2nd. We had a caution on lap 15. My tires cooled, and when we went green again my car developed a push. Turns out the right rear tire lost some size, alot of size. The car didn't turn as well after that, but I held 2nd place until the final restart, green, white and checkered. I had tough battle with the 06 car at the end of the race.

Entering turn three, coming to the checkers the 06 got into me and I missed my mark. My car turned, but then we had more contact, taking my momentum. The 06 beat me at the stripe, I finished 3rd.

All in all it was great Saturday for team 70. Next week is a 3/8's race again. Big track in July.