padding-5;

Monday, April 20, 2009

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

  • Friday morning I was a guest with Emmanuel Ziga on the local TBN channel. Melinda and I hosted the same show for 12 years, but it has been quite some time since we've done live tv. Emmanuel is great man of God to be around, I really enjoyed the interview.
  • I literally got to bed on Friday night at 9:30 pm. I can't remember the last time that happened, usually Fridays are more like midnight - 2 am. Slept for 10 hours, can't remember the last time that happened either. I was really rested this weekend.
  • My little girl Seven Addison is getting so big. She is nearly taking steps on her own, but more than anything she has taught me how amazing it is to be a parent.
  • A guy I led to Christ at the track last race season had a life threatening incident on Saturday. Mark collapsed, pulse slowed until he flat-lined, EMT's brought him back with the paddles, but he was unconscious. Late Saturday night I was told the doctors didn't think it would be good, he was on a ventilator and in a coma. But God was working something out! Saturday afternoon Terryl and Melinda were getting ready for music practice for Sunday. Katheryn Webb, a prayer team member, stopped Melinda and told her about a vision she had. In the vision a man had died, but was revived, taken to the hospital. They prayed right there. On Sunday, I talked with Lisa, Mark's wife, she told me Mark was off the ventilator, re-gaining consciousness, sitting up, and starting to communicate. She said he still has a ways to go, but he is showing huge progress. I think there is a creative miracle in the making with Mark, what do you think?
  • Lake Stevens campus was really cool on Sunday. There were tons of new faces. I love that our church is building a new church in a new city. I really believe the key to success in any city is to show up and serve. We are looking for ways to serve the city of Lake Stevens. If you can think of something, let me know.
  • We had some new guests at Monroe on Sunday who are passionate about being involved with the church God has planted them in. Which makes me think, what is the best way to get plugged into the local church? More thoughts on this this week.
  • Well, it was a great weekend, sun was shining (first for us), church was good, Saturday night at the races was thrilling, and my daughter is getting so big I can't believe it.
  • I still find it amazing anytime someone responds to a message and gives their life to Jesus Christ! It's amazing.