padding-5;

Sunday, February 8, 2009

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

* Well over 600 women at the Women's Explosion conference this weekend...very impressive...some important facts.
a) Christian Family Center hosted and ran the conference. We know Terry and Lindsey Rude, pastor's of CFC, through Ministers Fellowship International.
b) I've always been impressed by the promotion and marketing CFC uses. They definitely got a huge crowd of women at The Rock Church this weekend.
c) The Rock Church primary role was to be the venue for the conference and Melinda was leading worship and speaking in one session.
d) It was a great privilege for our church to host, not just the conference, but our friend Lisa Bevere. We will be scheduling her in 2010 to come back for something her and Melinda will team up on.
* On Friday night and Saturday while Melinda was conferencing I was playing watching our 10 month old. Seven and I had a blast!!! One thing is for sure, I am not cut out to do what mom can do, that's for sure.
*Mark Ramsey joined us for our Sunday morning service. His church is at a whole nutha level. Really cool to meet him face to face and I thought the word he brought for our church was spectacular and well timed.
* Big news released this weekend about Ron and Kathy going to be campus pastors at our Lake Stevens Campus.
*I was pretty excited I was able to take my race car to paint on Friday. The race season is only a few weeks away and we will get it put together by the end of the month.
*Took a scenic drive with Melinda and Seven today. There is hardly any snow in the mountains right now. It's really strange because usually we have so much in February.
*God has been extremely good to The Rock Church, I am so blessed to have so many amazing people dedicated to Connecting People to LIFE!
*Let's keep the connection moving forward and finding people who are lost...
*I really liked what Mark had to say about inviting people to Christ..."if it's about them, it's easy to invite. If it's about us, we won't do it." Make it a point this week to make your life about another life, and invite them.
*Did I mention how extremely proud I was of all our volunteer teams this weekend? To be able to serve another churches vision in your own house and have a good attitude is something remarkable. Thank you to all those who put it on the line and made a conference happen for another church. I know you learned a lot from the experience, and it excites me all the more as to what the next conference our church hosts will look like. Very proud of this team!!!!
*Also I would be re missed if I didn't mention the staff of our church who stepped up and bent over backwards to accommodate the needs of other church leaders and their vision. Though experts in our facilities and people flow for services at TRC all our teams exercised great patience and servants hearts to do things the way the host church wanted them.
*Thanks for a great weekend TRC. There is nothing more fun than to see the local church flourishing!