padding-5;

Monday, February 9, 2009

FOUR QUESTIONS YOU MUST CONSIDER

There are four contemplative questions to ask right here, Rom 10:14-15.

1. But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him?


We all have the best of intentions (I give everyone the benefit of the doubt here) when it comes to reaching people and sharing our faith. Really. I think there are some churches that navigate their way into the reality of fulfilling the Great Commission with sincere hearts, but fail to answer the above question. What do we do when the ones who we desire to be saved don't think Jesus is the answer to their question/problem?

Are we constantly wrestling with how people can believe in Jesus? Are we evaluating our methods, our voice, our motives and our life to see to it that people can believe in him because of what they see in us? We've got to make a declaration with our lives and how we live. People will believe in him because they believe us.

The reality is there is a lot of conjured up hoopla when it comes to church. I've seen my share of bizarre circumstances, but the reality is, what am I responsible for? Better yet, who? I am responsible for myself. I am responsible to exemplify the kind of Jesus who makes people want to believe in him. Therefore, I don't care if you fall down when I pray for you, I don't care if your gifts manifest just like me, or anyone else. I'm not concerned with cloning myself. Instead, I want you to be YOU! I want you to experience Jesus authentically, wholly. I want you to go into your world and make people believe Jesus is their answer because HE IS your answer.

The most convincing church, to me, is the church that believes that Jesus is their answer. Are we wrestling with finding ways to communicate His truth to a world who doesn't believe He is truth? Are we meeting about and figuring out how to represent Him to a world who could care less?

How can they call on him to save them when they don't believe in him? It's pretty straightforward. You are the answer to that question. What are you willing to do, or not do, to answer that question?