padding-5;

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

RECAP THE DAY

Wow, time is buzzing by quicker than a chocolate lover in the Hershey factory. It seems that a lot of stuff is going on, and I'm super intentional with time and planning right now.

  • This week is the MFI Regional Conference in Kirkland. I made a decision to attend the day sessions only because Melinda and I are new parents (10 months this week), and there are some pieces of our lives we are adjusting, one of those is how many conferences we attend. It is always fun to see close friends and co-leaders at MFI.
  • From there I headed to Wade's Gun range in Bellevue to do some practicing. Ok, I agree, gun ownership is a very personal thing, so not everyone has to own a gun, but I do. I shot a hundred rounds to practice the skills.
  • Enjoyed the evening with Melinda over some homemade beef stir fry and Seven was entertaining me by feeding herself carrots and pears and cauliflower. Oh my gosh, you should have seen her first bite of cauliflower, it was her last also. Very funny stuff there.
  • Speaking of eating with family. When Melinda and I were childless we were less apt to sit down for a meal at home, usually sit down dinners were out on the town. Now, I can't wait to eat all together. One of the things that has changed the most about having Seven in my life, I want to be home more often and earlier in the evenings. Dad stuff is cool!
  • I headed to the shop to work on the race car a bit.
It was a great day.

Cool stat from the weekend...
  • We've had over 1,000 visitors to the Lake Stevens Campus Blog, here. We just went live, so that's good.
  • 10 people gave their life to Christ on Sunday.