padding-5;

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

GOOD WORD? (1/3)

The other day I was confronted by something that really disappointed me. Somebody told me that I had let another person down because I committed something to that person, but didn't follow through. I hate that, but it does happen every now and then. I don't want it to happen anymore, so I thought I'd get some advice from the blog readers on this one.

  • What parameters do you set in your own life, so you can keep your word?
  • When you simply forget, like I did, what is your protocol to reconcile the situation?
  • Is it fair to assume that people are going to not follow through on their word from time to time?
I've processed a few thoughts that I'm going to throw out there later this week, but what about you, how do you keep your word? Is this an important issue today? Do we just assume that people will let us down and then don't expect much of them? How can we fix it when we fail in this important area?