padding-5;

Thursday, January 29, 2009

GOOD WORD? (2/3)

Thank you to those who threw something in the comments on the first post of this series, keep it coming.

This scripture really hits the nail on the head about how we use our word...

2 Cor 1:18-20, "As surely as God is faithful, my word to you does not waver between "Yes" and "No." 19 For Jesus Christ, the Son of God, does not waver between "Yes" and "No." He is the one whom Silas, Timothy, and I preached to you, and as God's ultimate "Yes," he always does what he says. 20 For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding "Yes!" And through Christ, our "Amen" (which means "Yes") ascends to God for his glory."

I think this is a big key to why people are marginalized in effectiveness. When their word is not dependable they are not dependable. Here are a few ideas I have been pondering to make my personal word more integral, see if you can use any of this.

  • The sooner I follow through on what I said I would do, the better.
  • Handling directly is better than someone else handling for me.
  • Fewer Commitments with More intention.
  • Make certain I have the authority to make the commitment.
  • Accountability is essential; who I tell my commitments to is the key to my success.
Any other good ideas?