padding-5;

Monday, December 1, 2008

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS NYC

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

  • Reflecting on our trip to NYC...I don't want to sound like a whiner, but I've a new definition of vacation, mountains or a beach. Vacations do not include traffic, excessive shopping or freezing temperatures! However, this has been a GREAT TRIP. We have been in massive crowds, looked in the coolest stores on the planet and had a blast being together with each other.
  • Seven is almost, I mean right on the edge, of crawling. She does the hands and knees really good, just need to go forward not backward.
  • Red Velvet cake! Have you had this? It's a holiday tradition for the Knight family, I found it in NYC, had a piece two nights in a row.
  • I think I'm a new NHL Hockey fan. Going to the Ranger game was really cool.
  • Melinda and I prayed specifically for salvation at church today! We heard there were several...yes Lord!
  • I always enjoy getting reports from people about church when I am out of town...thanks Darin, Lori, Kristian, Travis, Matt and those of you who will tell me how service was now that you read this.
  • There was this store and a mom yelling the names of her kids. She yelled, "Jacob, Joshua, Rachel, Isaac; GET OVER HERE!" I was thinking it would be easier for her to yell, "Children of Israel!" It just struck me funny...
  • I know I twittered about this, but it was hilarious. I rounded the corner on the sidewalk to see a street vendor selling fake wares checking a 20 dollar bill to see if it was counterfeit." That's funny stuff right there.
  • Walking around New York changes my perspective. I see people from every area of the world. I see them searching for the right gift, perfect sweater or a nice watch. All the while they are searching I wonder, have they met Jesus Christ? It's hard to know who knows Jesus when walking around...then I started to wonder, maybe barely any of these people know Jesus. I can't be sure of that because I'll never know what the condition of a heart is, but it makes me want to make sure people know I am a Christ follower.