padding-5;

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

What a great weekend at The Rock Church!

  • Nearly 30 people rededicated their life or found Christ for the 1st time this weekend at TRC!
  • The Hispanic service did a huge community project in town where they gave out food door to door. I heard wonderful stories of connection and invitation. It's amazing at what can be accomplished when we simply make ourselves available.
  • Sunday morning I kicked off a new series called IT. This series inspiration came from a book I am reading called IT, by Craig Groeschel. The book really shook my core and caused me to realign with who I know God has created me to be. In reality, I haven't shared anything from the book, yet. I just know people in our church need IT!
  • Last week I sent out an email regarding some financial giving opportunities at The Rock Church. Thank you to those who are responding. There is much to give to in this season financially. Constantly remind yourself that God is your source.
  • Monday night. John Bevere was in town at The Rock Church. What a message, what a service. I was so impacted by the message of Honor, that I want to change everything within my core in order to honor those in authority over me, those who are with me, and those who are entrusted to me. Life challenging message.
  • Here's the deal. I am so glad we are not a church that just soft pedals--that's a racing term--the message of Jesus Christ. I am so glad we are a church committed to challenging people to higher levels of living for and understanding God!
  • I have to say the illustration on Sunday with the clear plexiglass board was way better 2nd service that 1st. I love it when the Lord uses someone in the crowd during first service to show me something I hadn't seen. This week he used Ron, and I think the addition to the message was the key component for 2nd service. Those who only were there first, get the DVD when it comes out, you will not want to miss 2nd services illustration.
  • Week 2 of IT is coming. I better get after IT!