padding-5;

Monday, September 29, 2008

SUNDAY'S MESSAGE

Thank you for all the emails sent from TRC'ers who were impacted by Sunday's message. I also felt like the service, from the jump, had the potential of impacting the masses. Considering the economic developments today I know we need, at minimum, a weekly perspective enhancer. When I sit under the Word of God personally it's amazing how my challenges shrink. "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." The simple fact that it is "impossible to please God without faith" convinces me that I need to be under the Word often!

Here's the deal. If you, and you know who you are, are skipping out on Sunday church because your struggling economically that is the worst thing you can do! Sunday was a timely message regarding our economy and you should have been there. I'm off my soap box now. :-) but stop skipping church in times like these. You cannot afford--financially, mentally or spiritually--to miss out on what the Lord might say to you about your world.

Thanks to Mike who brought me Seth Godin's perspective on these economic times. Many people have asked for this so the link is here.

This is what Seth wrote,

Looking for a reason to hide, By Seth Godin

I've seen it before and I'm sure I'll see it again.

Whenever a business cycle starts to falter, the media start wringing their hands. Then big businesses do, freelancers, entrepreneurs and soon everyone is keening.

People and organizations that have no real financial stress start to pull back, "because it's prudent." Now is not the time, they say. They cut budgets and put off investments. It's almost as if everyone is just waiting for an excuse to do less.

In fact, they are.

Growth is frightening for a lot of people. It brings change and the opportunity for public failure. So if the astrological signs aren't right or the water is too cold or we've got a twinge in our elbow, we find an excuse. We decide to do it later, or not at all.

What a shame. What a waste.

Inc. magazine reports that a huge percentage of companies in this year's Inc. 500 were founded within months of 9/11. Talk about uncertain times.

But uncertain times, frozen liquidity, political change and poor astrological forecasts (not to mention chicken entrails) all lead to less competition, more available talent and a do-or-die attitude that causes real change to happen.

If I wasn't already running my own business, today is the day I'd start one.