padding-5;

Monday, August 25, 2008

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

Melinda and I had an action packed Sunday!

  • What a phenomenal worship set this morning. Terryl was on fire on that guitar. Seriously, if you have not heard the band at The Rock Church, and you think church music is lame you must come to a service.
  • It was Baby Dedication Sunday. So many families and relatives. Here are my highpoints.
    • Life! A parent has to speak life over their kids. Jesus came to give us life. It's a parents role to put their kid on a collision course with their Creator.
    • Eternity. I spend my time making certain that my child lives with a perspective of eternity. Life is not just breathed on this earth, there is a bigger picture where her purpose is played out!
    • Overcomer. In this world we will have trouble, but fear not, Jesus has overcome the world. My job as dad is to raise up a child who will know she is cannot be stopped by circumstance.
    • Destiny. I know my God thought about my kids before I ever thought about them. They have a destiny. I am the greenhouse around that destiny. In one moment I can promote or demote the dreams of my little girl. I choose to promote!
  • Pastor Ron shared a word on the Cross. How does an "instrument for torture" turn into the greatest burden lifting symbol of all time? It's only God! The cross is the most recognized symbol in the world. Take some time this week to reflect on it!
  • After service I rushed out to put a suit on. I had a wedding to officiate. It was Melinda's mom. Ok, how many pastors have officiated their mother-in-laws wedding? I think it's a very elite group! Many blessings on Jeannie and Wayne for their new life!
  • It was great to see Melinda's family at the wedding. So many fun and wonderful people. You should have seen how cute my Seven looked. She was the show-stopper!
  • After the wedding it was off to our Fantasty Football Draft. What a nutty bunch of guys and gals. Lots of laughs for sure. Daniel Warren picks his players because their names are unique, seriously? He picked the 3rd string Tight End from St. Louis because his name is Joe Klopfenstein. Gotta love Daniel, I know the kids in Lifesaver's do!
  • Well, time to turn in. It's early Monday morning.
  • Oh yeah, have you been made aware of the powerful move going on in our student's at TRC? It's been amazing. Check out Pastor Travis' blog when you get a chance.