padding-5;

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

It's Tuesday and I finally can break away to give a fitting blog post to a day I will never forget.

  • I've been told by a lot of dad's, "You'll not forget your first Father's Day." It's true mine was super memorable!
  • Having this little being in my midst at all times has impacted the way I think, plan and strategy my life. Some people say, "Kid's will change your life." I have not experienced that maybe because I'm older than most dad's who have their first. What I have experienced is this incredible addition to every part of my life! Children are a heritage from the Lord.
  • Sunday at church was phenomenal!
  • The car show was a huge success, the BBQ was off the hook (the line also) and the band was kicking it.
  • A big thank you to everyone who helped out setting up the whole day. The chocolates in the men's room were a super cool addition!
  • Did you all see that black Shelby GT500? I was told that car appraised at $220k. It won 1st place in one of the categories.
  • Did you see that Harley from Eastside Harley? They took the chrome and had it coppered. Instead of paint and chrome it was paint and copper. Very cool. It won 1st place in the motorcycle category.
  • I was really stoked by the turnout of race teams and crew members from the track. There were dozens, and many of them for the very first time.
  • After sharing my One Prayer, Father, Make us Father's, something jumped off the pages. I didn't share this in the message, but it certainly is a valid revelation of the prodigal passage. Here is the thought, "Shame needs love; while anger needs trust." The younger son was shameful for his squandering what the father had given him and his dad gave him love. The older son was angry because of the favor the father had given his brother, but dad said, "Son, I'll I have is yours," in other words, "trust me..." Those we encounter who are full of shame need our love; those who are full of anger need us to earn their trust.
  • Well, it was a great weekend at The Rock Church. Don't miss week three of One Prayer this Sunday and check back this week as we roll out 93 Days of Summer.