padding-5;

Monday, June 9, 2008

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

What a great Sunday service at The Rock Church:

  • One Prayer was phenomenal. Craig's message, "Make us ONE" was inspiring and gut checking. I had this sense of, "Yes, we can do that" at the end of the message.
  • The song Terryl and Melinda wrote for ONE Prayer was, in the words of Randy Jackson, Molten hot lava! They are going in the studio to record it this week and hopefully we will have a single on our hands!!!
  • I really want to encourage you to join the conversation at oneprayer.com. There is a lot of life change coming through this message.
  • I had a great conversation yesterday with an old friend. It was just one of those "I'm so glad I'm in this moment" kind of talks.
  • Melinda and I took Seven on a long walk yesterday evening. She loved it. I'm putting a window net and numbers on the baby jogger real soon.
  • This weekend we said good-bye to a Rock Church friend. Kenneth H. was a special man in our community. I opened his memorial with a greeting, and many people resonated with my experience. Here was a man, regardless of his personal struggles who chose to embrace people and love them. I'll miss you Ken.
  • This week I watched as several of our volunteers like elders, musicians, ushers, and etc just loved on people. I love how our foyer creates this ability to meet with people and join in conversation. A church is only as strong as it's relationships.
  • Also, thank you for the prayer before service yesterday. I needed that big time.
Well, that's about it for the weekend...I'll be back tomorrow.