padding-5;

Monday, May 5, 2008

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

Church was great on Sunday! The place was packed. We had been down in attendance for abit during this gloomy, cold and winteresque spring, clearly our church is gettin' back to church! It was another week of Life Stories! They were great.

Here are a few highlights...

  • Praying over Todd and Staci as well as Roger and Shanna was great. Staci is about ready to give birth to their 4th child! We've been talking with Roger and Shanna about stepping into their calling for many years, now is the time. I'm so excited for the volunteers in Lifesaver's Children's, Roger and Shanna will add another dimension, and only add to what Todd and Staci have accomplished.
  • Staci will stay on board as my assistant. She is wonderful at getting me organized and where I need to be. Todd will continue in his role in 540 (4th and 5th graders) and also Zero Gravity, a ministry to the skate and bmx crowd. Todd has such a heart for evangelism, he is contagious.
  • The interviews for Life Stories.
  1. Emily
  2. Chuck and Stephanie
  3. Jim and Marlys (I'll post this one when it is uploaded to youtube.)
  4. John and Heidi
  • Ed Gasparini came up to me after service and told me he followed his passion. He is doing a comedy show on the radio! I love it when people of God follow their passion.
  • Another racer and his family are plugging into the church. Only this time it is an open wheel family.
  • We got to pray over some good friends last night. I just love being able to support people through prayer and the word.
  • The Hispanic Satellite preparations are in full swing. The 1st bible study was at the church yesterday at 1:30. The launch of our Hispanic Satellite Church goes live in September. It looked like about 40 people were there. Afterward there was serious food.
  • The food was the hottest food I have ever eaten! My mouth was on fire.
  • Mark your calendar. Sunday church is going to 10 and 11:30 beginning June 1!