padding-5;

Monday, May 19, 2008

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS: SUNDAY

A few thoughts on Sunday morning at The Rock.

  • We are in a baby boom! Two new babies born last weeks. Little Brooks Hoskins was in the nursery at 5 days old! That may be a new record? I love it when our parents trust our children's ministry. Seven is getting ready to go into the nursery at 8 weeks. For adoption reasons we've had to be the only one to feed her the first two months...
  • Midway through first service as I was preaching I had this random thought, "These people are hung over." What might they all been on? You guessed it, "SUN!" It was mid to upper 80's on Saturday, I love the 80's. Nicest day of the year by far.
  • We had two of Pastor Kenny's Eldership with us for the week. I didn't get to spend too much time with them, but I know our staffers did. My prayer is they can take the elements from The Rock back to Guam with them. Travis goes there to preach in a month.
  • This new series is going to be great. The 1st week on LIFE=Devotion to God was a fun share. Devotion is the catalyst for life change. If we want to change our lives we have to raise the temperature of our devotion. When we want Life--with a capital L--we have to raise our devotion to God...Acts 2:42-47, "And all the believer's devoted themselves..."
  • I really want to challenge people the rest of this year. I'm fired up!
  • I can't wait for our Sunday service time change to 10 am and 11:30!
  • Oscar and the new Hispanic Church is in full swing. If you speak Spanish you should check it out. Terryl is leading worship in Spanish and it is pretty cool to listen.
  • When I got home after church I told Melinda how proud I was of her. When she started leading worship at The Rock she had very little experience. In my opinion yesterday's worship set may have been one of the best of all-time. There was something very amazing about the song lyrics, the vocals and instrumentation. I like good music, not doubt, and Sunday was maybe one of the best I've ever heard. Also, Zach T's special song, "Prayer of a Common Man." That is a country song, but Zach should release it as a pop song, that was sic.
  • It was a great day at The Rock yesterday.
  • I need your help next week! Pre-service prayer is at 8:30, soon to be 9:30, consider making it a part of your weekly prayer focus. It is an important time.