padding-5;

Saturday, June 16, 2007

TECHNOLOGY TIMEOUT

This week I had an unintentional technology timeout. Starting on Wednesday I was working a project with some excavators, demolition, a building, tree falling, ditch digging and the like. I love spending time outside working with dirt, construction stuff and especially demo...here is a video preview of what I've been doing this week on Ryan's Blog...come Sunday for the special segment during the message.

On Thursday things got crazy!!! What was suppose to be a morning spent finishing up a few things on the dirt project turned into a nightmare! First, I hit the water main on the property. Yikes, after 2 hours the entire neighborhood had to be without water so we could fix it. Who would of thought a water main would be in the middle of the woods...but to make matters worse I was running around trying to shut off the water to fix the pipe, reached down for my phone, yep, NO PHONE. The Blackjack was GONE! GONE FOR GOOD. Probably in the bottom of the ditch I was digging, covered in dirt. We looked for it most of the day by calling and calling, but no find. So I had a forced technology time out, no phone, no Blog, no nothing. I can't believe how dependant I've become on a cell phone. Seriously, I was practically lost without it...

Friday we graduated the intern class of 2007. So proud of them. I will post more on them next week...

Right now, I've got to hit the rack because tomorrow is my first race on the 5/8's mile at Monroe and it is 100 laps. I've been hydrating for 72 hours at about 1.5 gallons a water per day. I am not kidding, I am water logged, but with speeds reaching 130ish, I've got to be top notch in my preparation.

Finally, this weekend is huge! Father's Day Car and Bike Show on Sunday preceded by Saturday night prayer. Looking forward to seeing a lot of men on Sunday who are ready to dive into the new series: CRAFTSMEN...the premise is this, "MEN build stuff, but GOD CRAFTS MEN!"

Oh yeah, Melinda got me a new phone...I hated the Blackjack anyway, too small for my fingers...so she got me a Blackberry CURVE...Yes!