padding-5;

Monday, May 14, 2007

A NEW SERIES THIS WEEKEND


This morning I began praying and preparing for a brand new series. Yes, this series is about the HOMESTRETCH of our three-year capital campaign called Touching Tomorrow Together, but it will be so much more than a series about financial impact of a capital campaign; in fact, the emphasis will be on vision, vision and more vision.

13 years ago when I started in full-time ministry I wish I had known about the importance of vision. Because I was clueless about this important element early on I was unable to articulate the direction of our young youth ministry. Today, talking about vision requires my best preparation effort because the stakes are so high.

* Vision isn't about what we hope to do; vision is about what we will do!
* Vision isn't some camouflaged word for soliciting resources; vision is the reason a church requires resources.
* Vision isn't just a conglomerate of unique ideas; vision is the reason there are unique ideas.
* Vision requires pro-vision people, people to be pro-vision by putting their provision into the vision.

In my experience vision is the most important element of what I do as a pastor. I have to have a vision for the direction of our church, the importance of people, the integrity of our values, the magnitude of our opportunities, the construction of our facilities, and all the rest. The Bible tells us, "Without vision people perish." Everything you see at TRC was not a result of accidents. It was the result of great vision on the part of many within the church.

So how about it? Are you ready for the HOMESTRETCH of Touching Tomorrow Together! It is this vision that is leading our church headlong into the future and each of you at TRC is a big part of it!