padding-5;

Thursday, May 24, 2007

"MY PASTOR" RELATIONSHIP

There are literally hundreds of expectations people have of pastors and it is hard to satisfy all of them; in fact, it is impossible. Here are a few thoughts I live by to have a good relationship with my pastor.

  • My pastor is God appointed in my life.
  • I have friends; I need a pastor.
  • My pastor may ask of me what I am unwilling to do, my response let's me know if my pastor is really my pastor.
  • My pastor may not call me and remind me of how special I am, but my pastor thinks I am special.
  • My pastor notices if I am present.
  • My pastor thinks about me more often than I think of my pastor.
  • My pastor prays for me everyday.
  • If I get to do a "friend thing" (a meal, golf, etc) with my pastor, it is a treat for me, not a requirement of him.
  • My pastor doesn't "want my money;" my pastor needs my obedience to God.
  • My pastor needs grace from me and others.
  • My pastor isn't perfect.
  • I may expect more of my pastor than he is capable of giving and when I do I need to correct my expectation.
  • My pastor loves me.
  • My pastor may want to tell me things I may not want to hear.
  • My pastor isn't too busy for me, ever!
  • My pastor is busy.
  • My pastor needs me to cut him some slack.
  • My pastor deserves a vacation.
  • My pastor makes mistakes.
  • My pastor gets frustrated.
  • My pastor desires my faithfulness.
  • My pastor deserves a raise.
  • My pastor works hard for my family.
  • My pastor has a gift I respect.
  • My pastor inspires me to be a better person.
  • My pastor will never stop challenging me.
  • My pastor deserves my protection.
  • My pastor requires my trust.
  • My pastor is good for my city.
  • He is My Pastor and I love him no matter what!
Pastor Wendell Smith is MY Pastor. Everyday he is My Pastor. Thanks Pastor Wendell for always doing your best. Tell your pastor what you think of them. They don't hear the "good stuff" enough!

Add to this list if you can think of a few things "your pastor" does for you.