padding-5;

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

BUZZER BEATER PRAYER

The NBA Playoffs are in full swing. Though I am not a huge basketball fan I do like to watch the highlights and the final minutes of championship games. I am always looking for the buzzer beater, the last second shot to win the game.

Sometimes I can find myself praying "buzzer beater" kind of prayers like the prayers that when they are finally prayed it would take an act of God (miracle) for anything to happen.

If I was the coach of a basketball team I would rather my team blow the opponent out every minute of the game instead of waiting until the last minute.

I think God is like a good coach. He would rather us pray daily instead of waiting until there is no time left on the clock. It's not that God is incapable of hitting the three-pointer with seconds left. It is just that, he delights in you and I. When we spend time in prayer we are spending time with Him and He is delighting in us being with Him.

What do you say, it's only the second quarter, can you pray a least 24 minutes to win this? Jesus asked this same question, "Can you pray one hour?"

Get out to prayer this week at the church. Spend time in prayer at home. God can give you a "buzzer beater" if you need Him to, but why not spend some time on the court with the greatest player ever to be in the game of Life.