padding-5;

Friday, April 20, 2007

I LOVE THIS JOB!

I love being a Pastor! It is just so rewarding to hear how people's lives have changed under the ministry and the vision of The Rock Church.

Here is one great story:

Our family has been going to The Rock Church since October 2006 and we are really loving it. We enjoy the music, the message, all the really nice people. Before the Rock Church we were not excited about going to church on Sundays. We just could not get excited! We would go on Easter, Christmas, and 3 or 4 other times during the year. Since going to the Rock Church we just get up, eat breakfast, and start getting ready to go. We feel like we have finally found the right place to be.

Thanks for all you do,


Here is another:

To The Rock Church,

I just wanted to take the time to say thank you. Today's sermon on the door of fulfillment was definitely something that I needed to hear and when Pastor Jeff called up for people to become baptized I really felt like God was calling me to do so, so i did. It was obviously a very emotional decision for me and I just felt for the first time in a very long time like I had a church home. I've been attending the rock church since last summer and God revealed to me a few weeks ago that the rock church was where God wanted me to be. I've bounced around from church to church for years now and I finally feel grounded. Today I really got to see the sincerity behind the people of the rock church. People I didn't know very well came up to me and ask if I needed prayer which i find extremely encouraging. I've sort of been a lukewarm Christian for I don't even know how long, just going through the motions of Christianity, but not really understanding what it meant. I have been one of those people who lead two lives, one at church with my few church friends and then be a different person with my other friends. But today after being baptized, Pastor Travis said something to me that really hit home. Its such a simple concept and something that I without a doubt have heard before, but it rung in my ears like it was the first time I had ever heard it. He told me that now the old me was gone and the new me came. Its no longer me living my life how i want, its God living in me and living the way he wants. The old is gone, the new creation is here.

Its so strange that you can hear the same things over and over but God uses certain people during certain times to really touch your life. Thank you for everything and a thank you to Pastor Jeff. It may not seem like a big deal, but getting prayer from your pastor is something that is important to me. It makes it more obvious that the rock church isn't just some big organization with strangers who just so happen to gather together on Sundays. Its about a
home, a church family who cares about its members. Which is something I have
been missing for a really long time.


Thank you so much for everything.

I just want to give a BIG PROPS to everybody at TRC. The HOPE that is in you is contagious and keep Connecting People to LIFE!