padding-5;

Monday, March 26, 2007

SUNDAY EVENING INTENTIONAL THOUGHTS

Today was a great day in church. I will see the stats on Tuesday, but from my perspective both services on Sunday were very full. I always like to see 75-80% of the chairs full which is just empty enough to have room for more, but just full enough to have energy. First service was a little tough today, not sure why, but I felt like we didn't get our stride. Second service, we changed the worship set by one song, and I adjusted the message. I felt like it was smoother and more dialed in.

Saturday night was a success. Our first Saturday night ever. I talked with some who were a little deflated because they thought more people would be there for the opener, but I think it was a healthy start. The 8 pm start time makes for a good Saturday night finish time for students and college age. That being the target I expect this service to grow and build some momentum.

I thought the Worship team's set this weekend was fun. I enjoyed the opener "How to Save a Life" by the Fray. Really went well with the topic on "GO AND DO LIKEWISE."

I met some fabulous people at the Meet and Greet named Leslie, Miguel, Jeff, Jodi and her kids and spent some time talking with Holy and Howard and a few others. One guy named Loyld is a full-time musician. Back in the day he toured with Sammy Haggar. You know, the "I can't drive 55" guy? Loyd enjoyed the church, liked the energy and the passion. Hope to see everybody I met more.

We have a fun church! Thank you for the continued prayer. There is a lot in the Creative Hopper right now and the entire team needs great grace.

Next Service: FUEL, this Wednesday!