padding-5;

Friday, March 2, 2007

NASCAR Road Trip Continues...

Check this! Tonight we talk with a new friend who works for one of the Nextel Cup teams. He says, "Drive to Charlotte and I will get you a behind the scenes tour of our race shop." Roger and I are like, "Absolutely!" We loaded the car with our stuff at 7:30 pm and drove 5 hours to Charlotte NC, Home of the UNC Tarheels (my favorite college B-ball team in HS) and home of every major Nextel Cup Race Team and the World famous Lowe's Motorspeedway. We just saw our 2nd big league race track in one day!

Can you tell I am fired up? We stopped by the shop so we would know exactly where its located for our 10 am excursion. Afterward we will go to all the other major cup shops and hopefully a local race track will be running tomorrow night for a little spectating.

Another cool thing, on the way here we went through Anderson, SC, home to New Spring Church, pastored by Perry Noble. This is the church that is 10,000 members in a county of 220,000. I called home and had Ryan and Kristian make some contact, so I can see this phenomenal church on Sunday morning. With God's help they have cracked the code on building an innovative church in a rural area. I will have the antennas high to absorb all the Lord would have for me!

Anyway, be encouraged today! I am staying at a Holiday Inn Express, so your Pastor is smarter than ever right now. :) Also, there is just nothing so important that it is worth losing our focus on what is most important in our lives. Nothing like a long road trip to put some things into perspective for me. Perhaps you should take a road trip to put perspective back into focus?

Cannot wait to get back. Melinda and I both return on Monday and it could not come any faster! I miss her like the desert needs a stream. I'll check in again later.