padding-5;

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

GOOD AIR

I had a random thought this afternoon. I went like this:

Are you glad you don't have to think about breathing? I am. I get busy and if I had to think about breathing there is a strong possibility I would have an emergency. Thank God breathing is involuntary, but I have discovered that what I breathe is completely intentional.

I have been around people who just complain, complain, complain. They are like a chain smoker blowing bad air. They complain about the weather, the news, this and that. They are what I call bad air kind of people. The more they talk the worse the air gets!

How can someone choose to breathe bad air when there is so much good air to breathe. I am convinced that when faced with the pollution of negativity I can just blow good air! Scripture tells me, "death and life are in the power of the tongue." I want to be a good air breather! I want to exhale the good air.

Now I am not suggesting there is not a place for honest reflection, criticism and learning, but to constantly circulate bad air is just plain tiresome. Be the good air today! Tell someone something inspiring, complimentary and helpful. People are doing enough to intentionally steer clear of the bad air. Be the good air in life today!