padding-5;

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

CASCADE COMMUNITY CHURCH

Today I had lunch with a co-laborer in our city. Nate Hettinga and I have been building relationship for a few years now. Nate is a progressive pastor in the sense that he is seriously affecting the Kingdom in our area. The guy is a church planting machine. They have planted several churches and now churches he helped plant are planting more. I think he is secretly taking over the world:) Cascade is definetly taking over the "world"liness of their world by presenting a powerful gospel. They are Christ centered and influential.

Nate is a fellow hunter. He even paid for lunch with his Cabello's card because it returns him a percentage for hunting stuff. OK, Melinda, get me one of those cards today!

We have so much in common like leading a church in Monroe, being in our 30's (OK, late 30's and he's later than me:), enjoying the outdoors, being pastor kids, and leading passionately! Nate and I both agree, "We have really no clue how we ended up in ministry after being raised by minister's, but we are glad we did."

Cascade Church is a church I deeply respect. They have a tremendous vision to influence the NW with the message of Jesus. Thanks for lunch today Nate. I enjoy every time we can get together.