padding-5;

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock

Including today there are exactly 8 weeks until the first race at Evergreen Speedway in Monroe. Here is a quick update for all the race fans:

This season rookie driver, Pastor Jeff Knight from The Rock Church, will be running a limited schedule at Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, WA. In addition, team mate and veteran driver Roger Habich, will be behind the wheel at select events and in the pit helping Jeff.

Roger says of the vision for this year, "It is going to be fun for both of us to be on different ends of the radio. I love to teach people how to drive and Jeff is a quick learner. We have a strategy that will allow him to learn the race car and then work his way up to being faster."

Jeff commenting on Roger, "I appreciate him desiring to help me. I had fun last year and I am hopeful I can have fun this year and keep the car straight. Roger is a serious competitor. By having him in the pit he will help our team mature and be more capable when it is time for him to drive. I think it is a win-win for him and I, but the team will benefit the most."

Roger plans on running the Apple Cup in Yakima this April as his first race. He is also considering some of the other open comp events around the NW. Last year in 10 races Roger did not finish lower than 9th and had one Victory in the Championship LMCS race. "We have a car that is very competitive right now. We have worked a lot of years to get to this point. I want to race "the weapon" (name of the 76) in events where there is a lot to be gained by finishing well," says Roger.

Don't miss it! March 31st, Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, Pastor Jeff Knight and the KNIGHTROUS.com Chevrolet.