padding-5;

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Prayer

Pray for me this week. I have encountered some intense ministry situations that I cannot disclose at the present time and some other situations that I can disclose.

Frankly, I have been asked some tough questions in the last few weeks and because they are the content of real lives I feel the weight of wanting the Lord and His sovereignty to move for those who are seeking. I take great trust in the fact that God will honor those who seek Him. Although God has equipped our team for the task, there are many times I feel the weight of someones burden. It comes with the call to pastor. I have really felt that this week and I am prayerful for this Sunday's message. Usually when I am burdened there is great break through!!!

Secondly, there is so much vision at The Rock Church right now it can be a little overwhelming to the flesh. Our team has been pulling long weeks and long nights preparing for Mitosis, Regional Reach Teams, Message Series including Easter, a new communications strategy and so much more. In the middle of all the intensity people are literally coming on Sundays for the very first time and their lives are being impacted. I love it!!! This spring will be the greatest spring ever with the different elements of the vision unfolding. Right now, I need help covering the church in prayer.

Finally, I am convicted to the core that The Rock Church is exactly where God wants it right now! I believe in those who are leading, volunteering, helping and giving to the vision. I believe there is a great reward in the form of souls being saved, families being restored, bodies being healed, and break through coming at all levels. If I can do anything to stir your faith for His PROVISION it is to tell you prophetically, "2007, will be like no other year, do not hold back."

I was thinking the other day about my family growing up and I can remember that we were desperate for a move of God. My parents were so exhausted trying to make life work on their own strength. I know there are families in our city just like mine was growing up. Here is my unrelenting commitment to God and to people, "I will do whatever I can with the air in my lungs, kick in my step and pulse in my veins to set an atmosphere for God to move in the lives of people." It doesn't matter what "their story" is, nor the family they were born into, nor the city they are from or the color of their skin. I am committed to building a church that will facilitate God in their life!

Well, I will get of my soap box now and ask you to pray that TRC can be that church!