padding-5;

Sunday, February 25, 2007

PRO Vision Final Week

We finished a mini series today. PROvision was a 2 week series on the vision elements of the spring and a single message on finances. I was a little shocked at how many people were thankful for a message on money. I received several testimonies and one person commented, "Pastor, you need to talk about money more often because I benefit."

You know, years ago, it was difficult for pastors to talk about money in church. Even today I had a few people at the Meet and Greet who commented, "Though necessary, I am sure money messages are tough to preach about on Sunday's." In all seriousness, money messages are not that hard, they just take a little extra thought and creativity to break down walls. In my opinion money is the easiest way for God to help us build our faith. Why? because there is a tangible substance that removes the guess work that causes many to wonder if God is moving. When we give our money we are happier, more fulfilled, purpose oriented and anticipating God to do something marvelous. Also, when someone participates in giving and God blesses them as a result, their faith grows.

Also, I heard a great story today. A boys boarding school and military academy in Montana has been receiving messages on CD from The Rock Church. Per the rules at the school the boys are not to have certain items, but because our Cd's are faith based and balanced the administration is allowing them to listen. Also, the boys are allowed to visit therockchurch.info and knightrous.com as approved websites. I thought that was great and want to give a big shout out to Springcreek.

Our interns are traveling to Mexico for a 7 day mission trip. They will be spending the early part of the week in Puerto Vallarata with Pastor Saul and then moving inland 100 miles to Tepic with Marco and Rosa. Melinda is leading the trip, and there is nothing I hate more than one day without my wife. When you live, work, play, pray, eat, and do life together those times apart can seem like eternity. Melinda is truly my helpmate. I would not be half the man I am today without her strength in my life. Love you champ!