padding-5;

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Let me DO Something


Luke 6:46-49, "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say? Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock. But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great.”

I don’t know about you, but I read frustration in this passage. The question is begun with the great big, “But, why.” The illustration includes a “house” which describes someone’s personal property. The phrase, “stream beat vehemently” is very expressive. Each element leads makes me hear the importance of the passage.

I also get frustrated. Sometimes for whatever reason, I just don’t have the connection to those things I want to do. It is just like Paul, when he says, “I do what I don’t want to do and I don’t do what I want to do.” Yikes! To think that I can go through this life and miss those moments when I know God is asking of me. I want my personal property (attitude, personality, prayer life, study time) to reflect the desires my Lord has for me.

I’m captivated by wanting to contribute. I’m unable to sit idly by and wait. Let me do something. If you are thinking the same things this year and want to set a solid tempo pray a high risk prayer: “Jesus, be my motivator to do those things you want me to do..."