padding-5;

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Evening Session: MFI Regional

Rick Greene: Castle Rock Washington. Rick is all about character and attitude. He has a zeal to help people develop into mighty men and women of God. Rick doesn’t have a mega church by definition, but he is a mega leader in his community of about 3,500 people. Nothing better than a rural pastor who could preach in any pulpit in the world!

Rick’s Thoughts:

~ I am what I am, not, I am what I do
“By the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain.” 1 Cor 15:10

~ I am what I am by Christ in me.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Cor 5:17

~ “We have yet to see what God can do through one man totally devoted to Him, and I am determined to be that man.” -DL Moody

~ No matter what you do, you can be a man of God in the midst of the culture.
“But My servant Caleb, because he has had a different spirit and has followed Me fully…” Num 14:24

~ You can work in the mill or the construction site.
“Noah raised sons who feared the Lord in the most evil days in history.” -Rick Greene

~ “Ability may get you to the top, but it takes Character to keep you there.” -John Wooden

~ Rick made this statement, “People get corrupted by their “Gift” because the “Gift” is bigger than their “Character.”

~I loved this, He was talking about when people make recommendations to the pastor like, “You know so and so, they have a great voice, they should be on the worship team.” He answered, “So and so does have a nice voice, but they don’t worship.” It doesn’t matter what the talent is if they are not already walking in the character. Worshippers worship no matter how much sleep they’ve had, or not had, or how easy it was, or was not. That’ll Preach!!!

~ “Leadership is more disposition than position.” -John Maxwell

~ “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I respond.”

~ “Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus.” Phil 2:5

~ Attitude is an act of our will.
“Be made new in the attitude of your minds.” Eph 4:23

~ Joy and rejoicing, being glad and gladness is a choice.
“Joy is one of the truest evidences of God’s influences up a life. It is out choice to access his grace and rejoice in the Lord always. It is a Daily decision to have a Godly positive and joyful attitude toward life.” –Wendell Smith

~ ‘If every team member brought your kind of attitude everyday what kind of team would you have?”

Watch your thought words; they become your words,
Watch your words; they become your actions,
Watch your actions; they form your habits,
Watch your habits; they become your character,
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.


Get up every morning ready to bring the Kingdom near somebody!