padding-5;

Thursday, January 11, 2007

12 Days into 2007

There are only 8,760 hours known as the year 2007. We have used 264 of them already. Time is the one thing we can't make more of, we can make more money, more relationships, more friends and more fun, but what we do with our time determines our direction.

I can't believe how many things are already in motion in only 264 hours:

Car #70 is almost completely assembled and ready for the track. In March I fly to Atlanta Speedway for racing school where I will learn car control and other important racing stuff. Much thanks to our team who are working hard at getting me ready for my rookie season! Yes, I aim to be the faster-pastor! You didn't think KNIGHTROUS was just a cool word?

The book First Impressions is having a powerful impact on our team at The Rock. We are reading it throughout our leadership culture. It is good to evaluate entire organizational systems and break what needs breaking and celebrate what needs celebrating. I can't imagine church life without strong traffic teams, greeters, ushers and security teams.

We are amping up for our first annual Mitosis Conference in March 15-16. This conference is the catalyst for launching our church regionally. We are not quite ready for multi-site, but we are gearing up to take, what I call, " the step between Sunday Mornings and satellite campuses". John Bevere is the headline speaker for our first year and we are expecting Mitosis to revolutionize our church.

Our annual report for 2006 should be complete by the 31st of January. We had an amazing year at The Rock! Good job everyone, way to go!

This year I am challenging our team to not waste an hour. For me, I am re-arranging the way I do my mornings. I am so much fresher in the morning, so I am putting the important things first. I am praying first, spending time with my wife, thinking about vision, making certain to love God. I think doing what is best in the morning is the way to go.

What hours are you intentionally redesigning?