padding-5;

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Race 5 - 2nd; Race 6-2nd; Race 7-4th

Race 5
Race 5 was two weeks ago. We qualified 4th, had an awesome battle with Naima Lang and ended up 2nd on the night. We went green to checkers with no cautions, and I would have needed a late caution to give Naima a run for it.

Race 6
This race was the first of two on the night. After qualifying 2nd we started the first race 3rd row inside. The race was green and we were pretty good. I had an loose condition that worsened as the night went on. We battled pretty good, and ended up 2nd.

Race 7
Race 7 was the second race in the double header. We started inside row 2. Ran in 3rd most of the race. We were single file for most of the race. A late caution came out with about 4 laps to go. I started inside, directly behind the leader, the 2. After a caution and on the restart the 2 got huge loose and made contact with the 12. I was in the perfect seat to see the whole incident. Because they were banging I had a massive run, and as they were crashing going into turn 3 I put it to the bottom. The 12 was in the dirt with the 2 slamming into him, so I figured there was plenty of room. I didn't even see their race cars out the windshield as I was entering turn 3.

Next thing I know the 2 is turning off my nose. I hit him, and rolled out to the high side of the track. I was sent to the back of the field and told I caused wreck, which I didn't understand, and hardly agreed with. The officials told me after the race, "The 2 caused the crash, but you were involved." I ended up 4th.